Aligning bars in multi-voices

For discussing the use of abc to create multi-voice scores
Taz
Humanity check: a real person
How many letters in "spam" (4)?: 4

Aligning bars in multi-voices

Postby Taz » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm new to using multi-voices in ABC (so apologies if this is a dumb question) and I'm having a problem with having the bars in the two voices align when displayed (in ABCExplorer and EasyABC). I have had some limited but very laborious success using y for typesetting extra space, and x as in another example in this Scores forum, but: am I missing something in my coding that would make the bars align automatically; or is it a problem with the display software and I shouldn't worry about it; or should I just persevere with using y or x? Any help would be gratefully received. Below is my ABC (without any use of x or y in the bars).

X:2
T:We won't go home till morning
%%VWML:JHB-16-1
S: Mrs J. Woodfield and Mrs Newman, Adderbury, January 1913, Collected by Janet Blunt - J.H.B. 703
Z: Taz Tarry, 30/12/2013
N: Four-handed reel. Same figure but no handkerchiefs used.
M:6/8
L:1/8
%% score (T) (B)
V:T clef=treble
V:B middle=d clef=bass
K:F
P:A
[V:T]F/2G/2|A3A A3A |(B3A2 A) |G3G (GF)G |A3 F2 F/2G/2|A3 A A3 A |B3 c!>!d2 d||
w:We_ won't go home till morn-ing;_ We won't go home till morn-ing; We_ won't go home till morning_
[V:B] z |(F2f) (F2f) | (B,2B) (F2f) |(C2c) (C2c)|(F2f)(F2f) x2 |(F2f)(F2f) | B,3 B3 ||

Many thanks again

Taz

jan_olieslagers
How many letters in "spam" (4)?: 3

Re: Aligning bars in multi-voices

Postby jan_olieslagers » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:00 pm

Experiment a bit with the %%staves directive. I think something like %%staves {T B } should work.

ahmedvu153
How many letters in "spam" (4)?: 4

Re: Aligning bars in multi-voices

Postby ahmedvu153 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:16 am

which forces the soprano stems to point up and vice versa for the alto and the "merge" puts them both at the same line

Return to “Scores”