No beams?

For general discussions about abc notation
jimv
Humanity check: a real person
How many letters in "spam" (4)?: 4

No beams?

Postby jimv » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi. My chosen piece of music to learn ABC notation (I'm an old skool Linux user so automatically fell in love with an ASCII way to notate - thanks!) is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. I've fought with ABC for a couple of hours and have, ahem, the 1st four bars. However, no matter how hard I try and how often I read the reference/language guide, I cannot get any beams across my triplets!

E.g.
X: 1 % Reference number
%%score {RH | LH}
V: RH clef=treble % Voice 1 (piano right-hand)
V: LH clef=bass merge % Voice 2 (piano left-hand)
K: C#m % Key signature
% Bar 1
V:RH !pp! (3:1:3G,CE (3:1:3G,CE (3:1:3G,CE (3:1:3G,CE |]
V:LH !pp! [C,4C,,4]|]

Why!? I'm using abcm2ps (tried both stable and 'unstable' versions 6.6 and 7.6).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

cwalshaw
Site Admin

Re: No beams?

Postby cwalshaw » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:54 pm

That's a puzzle. Your coding is correct I think and it works for me in EasyAbc (which uses abcm2ps). Here's a screenshot.

MS.png
screen shot of EasyAbc
MS.png (15.83 KiB) Viewed 2285 times

Two thoughts:
- you should use a T: field (T: Moonlight Sonata) right after the X: field - however I don't think that will fix it
- are you using a .fmt file in some way

Chris

cincocerros

Postby cincocerros » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:32 pm

I am also interested in Moonlight in abc. Have you finished it & can you share?

Abbysam007

Postby Abbysam007 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:46 am

This has a number of bars where chords are not meant to be played. How do I express this in abc notation so that the midi part of the program plays the melody but not the chord at these points. I tried placing NC in parenthesis but this did not work; the NC was displayed as if it were a chord symbol but the chord from the previous bar continued playing.
My transcription attempt is below. I would be most grateful for any advice from anyone who is prepared to give it.
Join exam dumps online course to get profession web design training and learn useful web design application using wikipedia demo and ECCOUNCIL tutorials. Follow us on 220-802 braindumps Now University of California, Los Angeles Best wishesss.../

Return to “General”