iPABC

For general discussions about abc notation
CarlRobin
Humanity check: a real person
How many letters in "spam" (4)?: 4

iPABC

Postby CarlRobin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm new to this discussion board, but I've been using abcnotation for over a year to learn new tunes. I play the midi files, and usually slow them down using the windows software that was already on my home PC. It's great, for figuring out the fingering patterns I need, using the sound, and the notation for the most efficient learning ever. When traveling, my Ipad works, but inconveniently. I was looking at "iPABC" software offered by Itunes , but have not been able to find out whether it includes the option to change the playback speed. Without that feature, I would have no use for it. Was hoping someone here would know. Thanks

JPS

Re: iPABC

Postby JPS » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:12 am

Hello,

I have tried iPABC lite and it does alow you to change tempo, however I found Tunebook and really like it. I think is was only $3.00 and it is available for both iPad and iPhone, I was also able to get a bata version from the
devolper!
I what I like about it is you can create your own tune books , I play a few different styles of fiddle music, so I am able to create a tune book for Old Time, Irish and one for a group I play with. and you can not only change the tempo, but there are nine different instruments to chose from. You can also import ABC files from other sites with-in the app. and editing and creating your own ABC's are really simple.
I have just starting writng my own ABC and I really love it .

Good luck with your choice.
John

CarlRobin

Postby CarlRobin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks, John, for responding and for the tip. I'm just now trying to learn how to use "Tunebook".

Abbysam007

Postby Abbysam007 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:33 am

but have not been able to find out whether it includes the option to change the playback speed. Without that feature, I would have no use for it. Was hoping someone here would know. Thanks
Join exam dumps online course to get profession web design training and learn useful web design application using wikipedia demo and ECCOUNCIL tutorials. Follow us on 220-802 braindumps Now University of California, Los Angeles Best wishesss.../

Return to “General”