PDF Scores on e-readers like Kindle and Nook

For discussing the use of abc to create multi-voice scores
eduardov
Humanity check: a real person
How many letters in "spam" (4)?: 3

PDF Scores on e-readers like Kindle and Nook

Postby eduardov » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Hello, I've been a long time user of the abc notation and packages as well as lilypond. After a few years without much activity. I decided to start creating sheet music especially formatted for tablets and e-readers like the Kindle, or Nook. I used Lilypond for a collection of Christmas Carols, but I'm planning also on releasing an ebook with Children's songs. I am wondering if the abc notation with the abc2ps rendition wouldn't be more fitting to that kind of music. Anyway. My first publication is available at Heartfelt Songs.. Samples are available for free. What do you think?

Eduardo

cboody
Humanity check: a real person
How many letters in "spam" (4)?: 3

Re: PDF Scores on e-readers like Kindle and Nook

Postby cboody » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:23 am

Nice work there!

As to using abcm2ps: Get EasyABC and install it. It uses abcm2ps to produce the on screen materials, so you can see exactly what you are getting. Then go to

http://abcplus.sourceforge.net/#ABCGuide

And download the somewhat outdated abcplus guide for information about setting up the format commands to match what you want to do.

My experience suggests that, once you get a format file set up for standard notation and another for shape notation you'll be able to just crank things out.

I'd say definitely worth your time.

Chuck Boody

Return to “Scores”