my scores

For discussing the use of abc to create multi-voice scores
farvardin

my scores

Postby farvardin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:50 am

I don't know if this section is for advertising projects or discussing about how to make scores with abc, but I think ABC is really conveniant for making such classical scores, and here is an incomplete score of some renaissance songs :
http://anamnese.online.fr/site2/abc/susato_ps.abc
(pdf version is at http://anamnese.online.fr/site2/abc/susato.pdf )

hvdz
Humanity check: a real person
How many letters in "spam" (4)?: 3

Re: my scores

Postby hvdz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Well done!
However I have a general problem with the abc code: the "key treble-8" is not completely implemented. It does not implement the -8.
So you needed for voice 2 the %%midi transpose -12 statement, which is odd.

In case the abc code is perfectly implemented it would be of great help for the transformation from old violin key's like alto2, alto3 and alto4 into treble. Nowadays you have to go to a tool that tranforms your pitches one octave, copy past parts of the scores, in order to get a good pdf score file that can be used by musicians.

hvdz

Postby hvdz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Sorry for my mistake, I changed the key for the clef= statement.

cboody

Postby cboody » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 am

Just noticed two things:

1) GoudyMedieval font doesn't seem to work on the Mac. this is a limitation, I believe, of the Mac and not a problem with what you have done.

2) The second tune in the file "De mon malheur" will not print out using the current version of EasyABC (which wraps around abcm2ps). I'm hunting for the problem, and will post here if I find the issue, but if someone else can say what the problem is I'd like to know. There was nothing immediately obvious as I worked through that piece.

Return to “Scores”