Latest version of abcm2ps on OSX

For discussing abc notation software
Fraser
Humanity check: a real person
How many letters in "spam" (4)?: 3

Latest version of abcm2ps on OSX

Postby Fraser » Sat May 01, 2010 8:02 am

First up what a great idea to have an abc notation forum. Been using it for years - in the dark.

I'm using abcm2ps on OSX. I recently went to the sourceforge download page to get the lastest binary - http://abcplus.sourceforge.net/

But the file offered for OSX - abcm2ps-5.9.13-osx.zip - when unzipped appears to be unrecognisable to my system. Can't open it, execute it. Is there anyone else here on mac that has recently installed the latest version?

Fraser

Re: Latest version of abcm2ps on OSX

Postby Fraser » Sun May 02, 2010 2:45 am

Fixed. Seemed to be a permissions problem. Snow Leopard related I think. Did the same thing over and over with permissions and one time "it just worked". Mmmm.

For anyone else, after unzipping the file, make sure you have ownership of it and make it executable. And if running Snow Leopard, you won't find /usr/local/bin anywhere. And you won't be able to create it. At least I couldn't (permissions). So I ended up running the file from my user home folder.

cboody

Re: Latest version of abcm2ps on OSX

Postby cboody » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:14 am

Sorry for this problem. I made some errors in one of the updates for abcm2ps. Or rather the zip program apparently did it automagically, and I didn't realize it. That should be fixed. If you download the current version you'll get a folder with the abcm2ps binary in it along with the various documentation files jef included in the original source codes. A much better solution. And, there are some other fixes that, together with a change in Barfly, make the program work better. Please drop a note here or PM me if there are problems with the Mac compiled version. There might be something else that catches me. :(

Return to “Software”